Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

temple UDK

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Dave3d polycounter lvl 8
Hi here is something I have been working on for the past few days, the scene is in very early stages e.g there's no roof atm, my main goal was to improve my lighting and texture usage. pillar has 1x512x1024 diff spec norm, the blocks all share 1x1024x1024 diff spec and norm. I used a damage image for vertex paining which is 512x512 diff norm and spec which will be used for all the props. i used blender, mudbox, photoshop and UDK.

I am looking for crits on the scene but also weather this would be an acceptable standard for a game art degree

Replies

• Pookhan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pookhan polycounter lvl 13
    this is a good start for the foundations of your scene. What else do you plan to add in terms of props? The red lighting is a bit off. It's too strong and doesn't look like it is coming from the light source. Try using an emissive map for the torches and bring the lighting down a bit. Unless the lighting is how you want it to look.

Keep it up, I'm interested to see how this shapes up.
  • Dave3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave3d polycounter lvl 8
    thank you pookhan props wise I was thinking about adding broken blocks/pillars, some sort of centrepiece e.g. a statue and some wooden planks and doors to break up the concrete.
    the lighting isn't intended to be realistic but ill see how it looks when I have a flame on the torch and change it from there.

ps does anybody know of any good image hosting sites as the forum one seems to compress the images and I loose alot of the vibrance and sharpness of the image.