Home Unreal Engine

Issue with viewmodel lighting

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Bellers polycounter lvl 7
Hi, I would really appreciate if someone could help me out on an issue I have been having with my custom viewmodel. I have searched the forums and cannot find any similar threads. Here is an image to better show the problem.

http://i.imgur.com/UpJpJ.jpg

As you can see the top image shows the model as it is pointing at the floor (in fact it can be pointed anywhere in the scene except towards the dominant light).

The bottom image is the same model within the same scene but simply pointing towards the dominant directional light. However it is not pointing directly at it and if u observer the shadow on the left arm model this side of the gun should currently be in shadow also. Strangely, at a certain angle (about 10 degrees) either side of the light source the gun returns to what appears to be rendering correctly.

I have searched through all the settings of the dominant directional light, the material, the model and still cannot seem to fix this issue. It is almost as if the backfaces are being lit up, but again, only when facing the directional light. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!