Home Digital Sketchbooks

Kael's Audio Workshop

The short end of the stick is that I've never been much with a pen and paper, and I've never had a way with the 3D world, but if there's one thing I'm good at, it's audio. My name is Alex J. and I'll be setting up shop here, grabbing up folks art and putting the art to sound. Whether it's animations, stills, or action shots I'll have my sound applied to them in various ways. It might be a bit out of the ordinary to have a sound designer/audio engineer with the mix of great artists on this site, but I assure you I treat every project with the dignity and care that went into it.

Without any more introduction, I'll start posting up my audio takes on your renders! If you ever want me to do an audio take for one of your renders as a request, I really don't ask for much, just for some stills and a short description. I do this because I love audio and I think anything can be brought to life through the medium of sound!

Replies

• Kaeltro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did the sound design for Nick Carver's T-P.O.T concept art and thought I'd share since Nick let me use it! Here is the audio work I did for the following concept!

Credit goes to Nick Carver for the concept!TPOT-wip2.jpg
  • NEKOTIQ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey I listened to your rendered audio. I have a few comments on them. For one I think it needs a bit stronger sounds such as widened as well as pitch corrected because as of now the sounds are a bit thin as well as sharp. I think if the audio was a bit more within how the concept tank is built the rendered audio will sound like the perfect mesh. I also think it sounds a bit like a vacuum or a street sweeping vehicle at certain parts where the tanks tread does not move. I also think it sounds a bit like a crane at some points but that could be for the spinning mechanism. The rapid fire gunshot could use a pitch down as well because it seems a bit of a generic gun and not a strong and powerful one but with pitch correction as well as stereo widens it will be cohesive. The audio sounds good none the less but could use major tweaking to get perfect. Great work in sound design still.
  • Kaeltro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the advice! I always enjoy someone who can critique sound design fairly! I'll keep that in mind for the next project hehe
  • NEKOTIQ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your welcome. I do a little bit of sound design as well so I know how hard it is to pinpoint the exact sound that should be developed for the concept. The conception part is the hardest lol.
  • Kaeltro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been acclimating myself to the forums here at Polycount and I have to say, I notice a pattern in the folks who post more than every few weeks tend to improve a lot more/faster...I think I'll start doing dailies myself starting around 5PM today. They won't be really FOR anything..more along the lines of just practicing audio capture and size vs quality. The same way a 3d artist minimizes performance hits by reducing poly count, so too, must a sound designer maximize quality and keep sounds at a low enough bitrate to be streamed effectively