Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Animation Help asap

I need help. I'm making this character run around the corner, and while they are running around, the sidewalk is folding under them and the character is also slipping and catching himself on his hands only to continue running forward. I've been working on it for a couple of days and based it off a run cycle I did right before this.

My thought processes and past critiques from teachers and other students went like this:

Character runs, loses traction around corner and then gains footing to keep going
>
Character does the same thing but this time the ground/sidewalk starts folding under him like the Road Runner Cartoons
>
Maybe Smoke during build up and an outline of him is left a little longer after he speeds up
>
Student Critique: Have his arms flail out more but with control. Like he's distraught and can't control himself but the control will add the boost he needs to speed up
>
Teacher Critique: Hold the swing a little more to show some anticipation
>
Student Critique: His weight going around the corner doesn't feel right.FIX IT.

Now here is what I have so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0KvMbGw0Os&feature=youtu.be

It's not done but and I still need to tweak the keys I do have, but what do you think can be done to make it better?

Replies

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    First off, I think you're biting off more than you can chew right now. Your timing is way off, and your posing needs a lot of work. You need to get yourself some good reference and follow it closely. Right now, it looks very twitchy, and everything is way too quick. he should go into it leaning into the corner, then having the feet slide out and fall on his stomach, then push himself up and start running.

Find yourself some reference, and your animation will increase tenfold.
  • BlackAtom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! I'll definitely make him lean into the corner more. I did notice he cut into it a bit. In terms of reference, this exact thing was done in the movie Lady and the Tramp. Mind you it was dogs running around a corner but I plan to follow it closely. In terms of it being too fast, I'll see what I can do to slow it down. I guess I can have the character curve around the corner more and swing his legs because of momentum.