Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Realistic hands

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
theSixtyEight polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys, I would wanna ask u for as most critics as possible, coz I am trying to achieve some rly decent realistic hands look and I am pretty unexxperiencxed with sculpting, here is my actual progress, for now only basic shapes:
LlHvR.jpg

Replies

• Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthricus polycounter lvl 5
    the fingers look a tad chunky/ un sculpted, id try putting more detail into them and inbetween the fingers is a small webbing as youve put in on the thumb. it would make them much more realistic if you constantly reference your own hand and look at the structure.

also i think the wrist is slightly small either that or thats just my hands :D

hope that helps a bit mate
  • David Wakelin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, thought I'd post on here seeing as I've just modelled some hand like this :)

1. There is only an extremely faint if visible at certain angles at all 'y' shape on the palm. Yours is too deep, and not smoothed enough

2. Your wrist is looks fine from the front view, however on the side view it looks way too slim - literally like a pipe, the wrist slowly increases in girth as it develops to your forearm.

3. Youve added some bumps on each finger in the middle, although these are there - there again very very small - yours are huge, smooth them down as they consist of wrinkles where the skin folds not bumps, lower them and sculpt some very faint lines (they tend to be straight lines but from afar can see a form of a circle.

Like others said, just stare at 1 section of your model, then contrast it your hand before moving on!

Hope this helps
  • theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys for critics :thumbup:

1. There is only an extremely faint if visible at certain angles at all 'y' shape on the palm. Yours is too deep, and not smoothed enough
    Hope this helps
    Sry, but what u mean exactly? :poly122:

and is this better? (btw I forgot, he will have sleeves so only hands will be visible and it will be thin man in age approx of 30yrs)
    b3EVP.jpg
  • David Wakelin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    handcrit.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1. Seems to be pinching slightly where the palm meets the finger, should inflate and deflate just before it reaches the finger like the others.

2. is the "Y" section I was talking about - your previous version was too harsh, you've done a wonderful job here.

3. there seems to be some pinching on the inside of the fingers, they should be smooth or smooth-ish like your thumb (which looks just a tiny bit flat from the second image - where i've ticked)

4. This is the section I mentioned, there should be faint creases or wrinkles like the quick representation I put next to it; you've put small bumps on each finger, look at your own hand for reference here.

5. the nails (it may be from the angle...) looks quite flat although there nails they should follow the shape of the finger and curve slightly.

Hope this helps :)
  • TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
    PLEASE CHANGE YOUR MATTE CAP
  • theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

4. This is the section I mentioned, there should be faint creases or wrinkles like the quick representation I put next to it; you've put small bumps on each finger, look at your own hand for reference here.

5. the nails (it may be from the angle...) looks quite flat although there nails they should follow the shape of the finger and curve slightly.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks man, I made some progress, just wondering now, if those wrinkles arent too much deep :/ what do u think? and I updated nails a bit
    Mc3Vk.jpg
  • wolver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you might want to define the wrinkle on the finger here a bit more, it looks like the fingers are missing a joint from the top side tome
    E5BzR.png
  • theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, so I made progress, any suggestions are welcome , coz I am going to make lowpoly mesh
    Thanks for viewing ;)
    PV5Y3.png
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Nice start, the knuckles look a little disjointed, check the bone positions, the palm knuckle pad could do with more flab if you get what I mean, which would also define the creases more.

The finger nails could do with sharpening around the white nail edge to make them appear less curved.

Good luck with it :)