Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Futurisic Auditory Enchancement Device - WIP

null
Offline / Send Message
JasonDC null
Hello!

I'm a 2D artist that is looking to get back into 3D. For the past few weeks I have been working on and off on modeling this audio amplification device...

Headphones_001.jpg
Otherwise known as a pair of headphones :)

I was looking to get some feedback from the community to help get my headphones to look as good as possible. I am modeling from an older pair of Coby headphones (similar in style to these) that I had lying around.

Headphones_002.jpg

I was having some trouble with modeling in the creases and folds of the ear pads in Max, but after 2 revisions I think I'm a lot closer to the reference model. I'm still working on the right ear pad. I realize that those creases and folds would have been easier to do in ZBrush or Mudbox, but I wanted to see if I could do it in Max.

Headphones_003.jpg

Headphones_004.jpg

Headphones_005.jpg

Headphones_006.jpg

I also have a Sketchbook thread where you can see earlier versions of my headphones.

Have a great day!

Replies

• A-Train
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-Train polycounter lvl 15
    Hey Jason,

Really solid job overall! I especially dig the organic modeling in the headphones. It's tedious work indeed, but good that you got a workflow going.

Look forward to seeing what you're going to do with the next piece!

Btw when showing off your wireframe, just have a grey shader applied, don't apply that crazy grid texture. Makes it difficult to read the wires.