Home Artists Looking For Work

[PAID] Professional 3D Artist/Game Designer/Consultant Available for Work

MattCan36
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
MattCan36 polycounter lvl 6
If you're looking for the services I offer and operate on revenue share, pro-bono, profit sharing or anything like that, I must respectfully ask that you look elsewhere, for now.

My name is Matt Canei. I am a professional 3D Artist full-time, and I specialize in environment art, effects, level design and game theory/design. I graduated from Savannah College of Art and Design with a B.F.A in Game Development and have worked professionally for two years at Hi-Rez Studios (famous for our revival of the Tribes franchise). I truly believe in the game industry and what we all can create together, so I'm looking for opportunities to collaborate with you to take your project to the next level.

Some work samples can be viewed at http://www.mattcanei.com or at the bottom of the post

I can be reached at matt@mpactgames.com - This is the best way to reach me as I check it very frequently. PMs or replies here may not get to me right away, so if you wish to inquire e-mail me and usually I'll get back to you that day.

My strongest skillset is creating environment art, basically the entire pipeline. Whether its modeling, high-to-low poly normal map projections, texturing or optimization these are all things I can do quickly at a professional level. I take a lot of pride in my versatility and efficiency as an artist, and in most cases would be comfortable working in any art style. I've worked in the industry during the day in multiple art styles ranging from sci-fi realism to painterly hand-crafted high fantasy textures. Utilizing my skillset, I hope to bring professional grade work to your project that you can be highly satisfied with, that you won't get from a student or someone that hasn't been in the trenches producing Triple-A titles while learning from industry veterans with decades of experience.

Another service I offer is in game development consulting, pipeline development and Unreal Engine 3 training. I have worked in the Unreal Engine 3 for five years presently. During my tenure at SCAD, my entire program was dedicated to leading an UE3 game project which required learning virtually the entire engine to re-teach the pipelines to my team. If you already have an art team, but aren't totally sure of your design or the project's efficiency I would be happy to assist your team and make sure you're on the right track.

Software Proficiencies: 3ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, UDK, Crazybump, Topogun

Coding Languages Familiar With: UnrealScript, C++, general OOP knowledge, AS3.0 (Left-brains have no fear we will not be separated by a mental wall).
Hope this wasn't too long. I genuinely love game development and hope we can do business together. Like I said before, I'm looking for paid work on a negotiated fixed or hourly rate (I prefer fixed i.e. this art set will cost 'x' amount, that's the fastest way to get your art). So if you're looking to get some professional art in your game in an extremely streamlined, efficient manner I look forward to doing business with you.

I have worked on the following professional titles:
Smite (PC) (www.smitegame.com) - I was the only Environment Artist officially on this project.
Tribes: Ascend (PC) (www.tribesascend.com)
Global Agenda (PC) (www.globalagendagame.com)

Work Samples:

smite3.jpg
Note: I made the volcano area, all associated materials and all architectural elements.

rf2.jpg

crate3.jpg

Regards,
Matt Canei

Replies

• SunSetter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SunSetter polycounter lvl 9
    We've hired Matthew for consultation on our UDK project and we've been very pleased with his prompt and professional response. He has presented us with clear and to-the-point solutions for our problems and we will most likely employ him again.