Home Unreal Engine

UDK Landscape Problem

Hi, im new here, i was previousley posting all my stuff on the Epic forums but no one can seem to help me with this problem and after 3 days of waiting for a reply i hope someone on here can give me an answer. Ok so i will fill you in on what is happening in my map. So i made a map using Landscape, not sure how big because i started off small and kept adding sectors, and i soon found that my map was too big for the lighting to build because it kept telling me lightmass failed because theres over 9 million polys, now before i added a new huge part to my map, it only took 8 minutes to fully build with a lightmass importance volume around it, i broke my map up into a really small section and saved it as a different map so it could be streamed into the other one, now here is where the problem starts, the map piece is smaller yet after 20 minutes of build time it hasnt made any progress i dont understand why? i have a lightmass importance volume around it and a light but after 20 minutes i just give up. this is the map i have that i had before i broke anything up:

This map takes 8 minutes to full build and has no problems
72920464.jpg

This map is a piece of the map from the above image and is the piece thats giving me problems, this piece is saved as its own map and takes 20 minutes with no build progress.
63826198.jpg

Why am i having these issues?

Replies