Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Africa house

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
punkvideo polycounter lvl 10
Hi all. My next work

I'm create for the company Rikor. For the whole house took two days. about 16 hours. 1 day + model development, the second day of the texture correction of bugs.

3ds max, photoshop, UDK
xaS2G.jpg

Replies

• Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    Gotta do something about that normal map and spend some more time with it. Looks like you just flattened the diffuse and ran it through crazy bump. If you're not baking from a high poly model and are going to use crazybump, at the very least go through and make the normal maps by material. Also turn down shape recognition to 0.
  • Rik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rik
    I don't understand what the electric blue rails are for? At first I thought it was some kind of electric beam laser boundary or something like that, but it wouldn't fit with the rest of the building. The scenery nor building look futuristic. Are the blue materials meant to appear to glow? If not, I would rework them to a less saturated and less illuminated shade. Right now that draws my immediately, and I don't think it's meant to be the focal point.

The blue glass panes on the front are also too bright, and look electrical as well. If they are meant to be blue shaded glass that's fine, but right now they either look electrically charged or like there is an incredibly intense light source on the other side that is shining through.

What if you adjusted the blue color to match the blue stripes on the tarp overhanging the right side patio? It would draw the eye less, and would still provide a complimentary color with contrast to the orange/yellow color of the rest of the building.
  • SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    I agree that the whole concept of the building is kinda silly and doesn really make any sense
  • punkvideo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I THINK too, because I'm not a concept drawing. i'm only work for it create model as similar.
  • punkvideo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Concept drawn Ekaterina Konopleva, I only modeling and texturing, UDK