Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Arenanet Art Test Norn

Hey everyone. I'm a little late to the party but I'm giving the Arenanet art test a shot too. I've seen some really nice submissions on here, very high standard... :poly122:

Anyhoo, here's a few shots of my model so far, any comments/crits/suggestions welcome.

Cheers in advance and best of luck to everyone who's submitting :thumbup:

D

Norn_Dan4.BMP

Norn_Dan+3.BMP

Replies

• stoyan3d
    Offline / Send Message
    stoyan3d polycounter lvl 7
    Nice start there! I would suggest some re proportioning though. His chest seems too wide and his arms are a bit short. Also you might want to ease in the transition between bicep and forearm. Keep going! :)
  • Lo Pan
    Hey stoyan3d, thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. Your Norn chick is looking very good so far btw, look forward to seeing the finished result!

I'm not sure how I feel about the chest area proportion wise... I had him a little more svelte originally but buffed him up a good bit because the Norns are so bulky! The bigger guys look like they have some Ogre blood in there...

You're right about the arms, gonna have to do a bit of work on them, they're bugging me. I'll use some good reference and rejig em.

Cheers
  • Lo Pan
    Hi all,

Update on my Norn guy. This is by far the most complex model I've ever attempted so learning a lot and having fun with it.

Wonder when the closing deadline is.... :poly122:

Any comments/crits welcome

Cheers

Norn_Dan+7.BMP

Norn_Dan+6.BMP
  • Lo Pan
    Hey all,

I've recently come back to working on this piece again. The ZBrush sculpt is maybe 75% there and then on to retopo and texturing.

Any comments and crits would be much appreciated

Cheers guys

disp_da0e604741b7a97a8c49296ec56a2af0.jpg

hd_e5f43b4efa85d48f34dc2e21cc9ade69.jpg

disp_bf1b91b0910bac5d449f4054884f744e.jpg
  • Lo Pan
    Hey all

Another quick update, sculpt nearly there... Maybe 10% more to do before retopo. Need to finish his boots, his back and finish sculpting head/hair/beard and then a few cloth wrinkles etc.

Again, any feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dan

Front7.jpg