Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Low res game weapons

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Squals polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys, it's my first thread on here and i've been working on small low res game weapons the past few weeks on the side. I used the Xoliul Shader for all of the 3DS screen grabs. The concepts taken from warmachine or darksiders.

If you could give me some opinions / critics that be very appreciated.

July 1st -
chaosbeauty2.jpg

chaoszbrush02.jpg

June 18th -
beauty4.jpg

zbrushv2.jpg

June 8th -
beautyrv.jpg

highpolyzbrushforum.jpg

Replies

• JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Overall they look good however im not really liking the color on some of them.

The Chaoseater is my favorite but perhaps the color of the leather handle is too consistant. perhaps select some of the straps and darken and lighten them slightly so they are all not so consistant.

Pascal has alot of waster polys that could have been better optimized.

The final weapon could use a little more constrast,aside from that they look good.
  • Squals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Squals polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks JO420! I'll work on that tonight.

"Pascal has alot of waster polys that could have been better optimized." Pascal is my name haha the sword concept is from Privateer Preess - Hordes.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    The sculpts on the axe and sword look pretty clean, but I have to agree with JO420 on his critiques. Also, the sword blade looks like it has a photoshop clouds texture for the base which holds up poorly. I have a hard time telling whether the material is supposed to be stone or metal, honestly.

I like the look of the axe, however, the blade looks like photosourced marble. It seems rather detailed as well compared to the rest of the weapon.