Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Post! My Second School Project.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ramtookrazy polycounter lvl 9
Short story on my background:
I've always been fascinated by 3D art and how a game comes together. I was tired of my last job and decided that I really want to be in the game industry so I signed up for school. It's a small school that at first focuses you on game programming, more so than 3D art. A year and a half later with a majority of programming classes under my belt and with my feet wet in 3DS Max, here I am in my 7th week of a ZBrush class upon just completing my second project. After getting praise from my teacher and other students about it, I felt like I should get some outside perspective and maybe some advice and constructive criticism.

My project:
I actually started on this before my first project in my second week of the class due to a misunderstanding on the order of our projects. But we had to do an animal and I remember how much I loved the ankylosaurus, so I chose that as my animal. After trying to get the base right with ZSpheres I ended up going with my 4th or 5th one and this is the final outcome.
cERwo.jpg

I know it's not exactly an ankylosaurus, but I imagined it to be more and thought this design wouldn't be as boring as a traditional one.

Thanks for reading.

Replies