Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] Necromancer

Replies

• JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Goeddy wrote: »
    dude marmoset doesnt give a shit about the color of your spec map. it takes all the color from the diffuse und the cubemap. the only way to tint it is the the little box called specular color, but it doesnt take maps.

marmoset calculates specular not like most other game engines, depending on the lightsource.
    instead the specular value controlls how strong the environment is being reflected.
    the fresnel does what a fresnel does, only applied to the reflections.
    and the sharpnes controlls how strong the cubemap is blurred.

so no use in fiddling around with the specular colors...

This is not correct. In that sphere test I could see clearly the effect of green specularity. On the model i did (the Angel) specularity vary clearly with the colors I put on specular map too.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah on the pics I posted we clearly see the color of the specular changing depending on the color on the map. Well it's almost only noticiable if we raise the value up over 0.3 or something like that.

Tits mentionned that she sees the bluish color in the skin, but that's the problem : if we put the inverse coolor of the diffuse it's to NEUTRALIZE the spec color, not to have blue on the skin.

Anyway, with the good slider settings I managed to have somthing not too bad. I'll finish the posing of my char ( I did several ones, need to choose ) and get this over with. ^^ Pics soon.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PICS !

NecroPose01.jpg

NecroPose02.jpg

NecroPose03.jpg

NecroPose04.jpg

I think I'll go for pose 3 or 4 ( but change the hand on 4 ).
  • TigerGD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TigerGD polycounter lvl 9
    1 and 3 are terrific! The back arm in 4 is throwing that one off. Can't wait to see your final pics!
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    same here, 1 and 3 are the best.
  • boybawang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    she looks awesome. i think you put a little bit of shininess or spec. coz she looks bit dry or flat... ??
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These are simple max renders without lights to show the pose. It's an old diffuse, no spec.

Let's go for 01 and 03. I'll render both, and maybe submit both if I can't choose ^^. Nothing in the rules about sending two beauty shots ?
  • greyskill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've tried 2 times to post on your thread in the past few weeks to tell you how awesome your character is.

She is really well done, I love the style and colors, and the sculpting is great.

I really like pose four, it looks most interesting to me from the most angles.

I really hope that this post gets through this time!
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Greyskill. You have some trouble posting comments ?

Ok guys here are some test renders of the poses, with a basic ground made with a displacement map ( wanted to do a kind of vortex... looks more like slime ^^ ) :

NecroRender01.jpg

NecroRender02.jpg
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally I did a pedestal and changed a pose a bit. Here are bigger renders. Will see if I put a background but I don't know what to do. Something simple I guess.

NecroRender03.jpg

NecroRender04.jpg

NecroRender05.jpg

Seems like marmoset always do bag enlarged shots with some kind of shitty filter on them, no way to avoid that ?
  • Zenful
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I kinda like the hand on the hip, give her a certain attitude...is that a hidden peace sign?
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The problem with the hand on the hips is that we don't really see the hand, the glove as almost the same color as the dress, it's not really clear and readable.

A piece sign ? Where did you see a piece sign ?

Anyway, here are two "final" shots ( I still can change some things so don't hesitate to give your mind ). I also wrote a background and chose a name. Wanted to call her "Solanaceae", but I prefer Nightshade ( which is a toxic flower in the solanaceae family ).

Big pics below !

TexelionNecroBeautyshot02.jpg

TexelionNecroBeautyshot01.jpg
  • TigerGD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TigerGD polycounter lvl 9
    Great character all around! I hope the irony of her wearing what looks like an eggplant on her head is intentional. :D

I agree with Zenful about the hand on the hip, but what you've done works much better than the other pose with the arm in back.

The wording on the last paragraph seems a bit crude. Instead of "like a fire attracts bugs," try "like moths to the flame." If she thinks corpses are gross, I doubt she'd be wanting to attract icky bugs.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Tiger. I think I will just remove this part of the sentence, looks a bit useless.

PS : I replaced the pic with the new text, don't worry if you don't understand what we are talking about, guys ^^.

EDIT : and to avoid another useless post, I update with the Wire and Textures sheets. Hail to the Queen.

TexelionNecroWireShot.jpg

TexelionNecroTextureSheet.jpg
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Very cool! Congrats on finishing your model. Looks really great. Now, good luck on the contest :)
  • Jigsaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jigsaw polycounter lvl 12
    Awesome job, congrats on finishing. The final model came out really nicely.
  • fluor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fluor polycounter lvl 6
    Wow, the final model looks great! I really like her color scheme and textures and all the little details - awesome (: And also a nice presentation =D
    Good luck on the contest!
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    turned out darn frking amazing man!
  • jeffreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeffreak polycounter lvl 6
    You really did a great job! Congratulations!