Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] fighter - first character

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
fluor polycounter lvl 6
Hey there!
First time poster here but been lurking for quite a while now. (Spending hours just looking through all the awesome stuff here... *_*,,)

So I started modeling not so long ago and am now working on my first real character for our uni project. He's supposed to be some kind of hobby fighter guy with a pretty slim silhouette but rather defined muscles. Not bulky.

Thought I'd finally have the courage and post here to get some feedback and crits since I want him to look as good as possible haha
It looks to me like there's something off about his face and I just can't really figure out what... Been looking at him for too long I guess.

Here are some screenshots of my current progress. Don't mind the colors, got curious and tried out polypainting at some point...
rRKMN.jpg

I would be really really grateful for any critiques! =) Will keep this updated as I continue working on this guy. Now off to start working on his body.

cheers

Replies

• Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Not bad at all. The strangest thing for me are the ears, they are really "straight" ( don't know if it's the good word ) and look a lil bit flat.

The "holes" under the cheekbones are strange too.
  • fluor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fluor polycounter lvl 6
    Hey, thank you! Yeah I know what you mean. I totally forgot to work on the ears XD Already fixed that and also "pulled them out" a bit... I hope it looks better now, I'll post a screenshot tomorrow when I can show more of the body. =)

(Oh and the "holes" under the cheekbones are because he's supposed to look a little "starving" because of a post-war-ghetto-setting or something... Gave them a little more volume tho)
  • fluor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fluor polycounter lvl 6
    small update on the head - worked on the ears.

7pD3Z.jpg

And continued with his body and also started blocking in his pants and stuff. Some parts are still missing though. (Like a belt around his waist..)
    Going to continue tomorrow.

kaTHj.jpg