Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Ruins of the Wolf King

Replies

• Jackson31
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackson31 polygon
    Finished making a couple of smash-able props today, I've also been doing tedious adjustments to the levels' collision brushes and slowly filling out the scene and sky-box with all the new decorations
    physics_props_smashables.jpg
  • jdvi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jdvi polycounter lvl 6
    Pretty cool stuff. I can easily imagine those sun-ray shots you posted as press-shots for a new fantasy game.

The new grass looks a bit too spiky in my opinion. Maybe with more foliage they won't read as planes, but by itself you can see they're neatly perpendicular.
  • Jackson31
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackson31 polygon
    jdvi wrote: »
    Pretty cool stuff. I can easily imagine those sun-ray shots you posted as press-shots for a new fantasy game.

:) Funny you should say that, because this environment is for a new fantasy game called Kingdoms Rise

I'm going to call this environment done (as a first draft) for now.
    Here's a badly put together panorama of the interior from the roof
    panorama_wolfking.jpg

As we complete more of the game's code and play-test within this environment I'm sure we'll find plenty of things that need to be changed, walls and paths that need to be moved etc. Once everything is settled in place I'll return back to logging on this thread as I try to really finalize all the details.

If you want to follow the progress of the game please check our the new blog I made for it here; http://www.flyleapstudios.com/kingdomsrise/
    it's also on indiedb, bookface and twitbird etc. etc. if you prefer to follow using those things
  • Jackson31
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackson31 polygon
    OK, I've decided that, rather than make a whole bunch of new posts to get buried I'll just put all my WIP's for Kingdoms Rise into this thread.

So, here comes a burst of images to catch us up on what I've worked on since this environment
  • Jackson31
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackson31 polygon
    We made a new sword...
    hawk_blade_hipoly2.jpg
    hawk_ingame_3.jpg
  • Jackson31
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackson31 polygon
    Then made a set of 'heavy' armor
    new_kr_armor.jpg
    chain_leg1.jpg
    chainmail_underste1.jpg
    heavy_helm_wip.jpg
    heavy_helm_wip2.jpg
    heavy_shoulder_wip1.jpg
    heavy_shoulder_wip2.jpg
    heavy_glove_wip1.jpg
    heavy_glove_wip2.jpg
    heavy_belt_wip1.jpg
    heavy_boots_wip1.jpg
    heavy_cape_wip1.jpg
    heavy_cape_wip2.jpg
    heavy_armour.jpg
  • Jackson31
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackson31 polygon
    then made another set of armour, this time going for a more earthy and light look
    kr_hood_set_wip1.jpg
    hunter_armour_wip1.jpg
    leader_under_hi.jpg
    deadanimal_scarf_wip1.jpg
    deadanimal_scarf_wip2.jpg
    hunters_cape_wip1.jpg
    hunter_set_flat.jpg
    hunter_set_wip2.jpg
    hunter_armor.jpg
  • Jackson31
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackson31 polygon
    then we made this random statue prop
    statue_wip4.jpg

and NOW I am currently working on a 4th set of armour, which just looks like this at the moment...
    magical_clothes_wip1.jpg

But what I'm going for with this one is a kind of baggy arabian look like this guy
    8.jpg

And I'm also wanting a very long cloth scarf, similar to journey-game-screenshot-1-b.jpg