Home Technical Talk

Small Zbrush artifacts on mesh - Problem with baking further on?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pioldes polycounter lvl 5
Hi, I'm encountering a problem I've run into before. The first time I had it, it was very minimal, three small squares on an unimportant part of a model. I didn't pay much attention to it, but in this case, it's pretty big.

M1RmK.jpg

All the darker spots are small polygons. I'm just wondering if it could cause more problems down the road, or is it a simple zbrush graphic glitch?

I want to be sure before continuing working on it :/

Thanks a lot!

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Its hard to see since they are small. Are these missing polygons, or just shaded differently? If it's the latter, it could just be a different material accidentally being painted in.

Two quick ways to tell if this is the case:
    1. Turn off polypaint (Tool: Polypaint: Colorize, or the paintbrush icon next to the subtool's name)
    2. Click on the Material thumbnail, and drag it over that area to see if it switches

If this is the case, you can erase the material data from the polypaint easily enough. Switch to the flat-color material, turn on 'M' (the one on the top shelf that's with m / rgb / mrgb, as well as under the Draw palette), and use Color: Fill Object. Then switch materials to one of your choice. Be sure to turn M back off, and check that it is off when switching brushes as each brush remembers the settings individually.