Home Unreal Engine

FRAPS can't do HD ?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
olivierth polycounter lvl 9
Hi,

I'm trying very hard to record a turntable of my character for a demo. I'm using Fraps and trying to record at full HD (1080) so I can resize it to 720 later. The problem I get is the resulting resolution of my video is 1640x1012 everytime.

Is there a limit to Fraps? Is it that UDK and fraps don't get along?

Also, on a side note, I'm trying to make it fullscreen but the command line does not work: "setres 1920x1080f". Why is that?

Thanks!

Replies

• Computron
  • olivierth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Computron!

I tried that method but I'm getting a similar problem as fraps. I set it up to 1920x1080 but the resulting images are only 1799x1012... It's not that bad, it's very close but I realy don't get why it does that.

Here is the command line I used in the UDK.exe shortcut's properties:

C:\UDK\UDK-2012-03\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe Olivier_TurnTable_WIREFRAME -BENCHMARK -MAXQUALITYMODE -NOTEXTURESTREAMING -DUMPMOVIE -FPS=30 -ResX=1920 -ResY=1080

My screen and video card can do 1080HD so It's like there's a maximum UDK can output. Is it?

Thanks in advance.
  • Perfect_Rolemodel
    When I created a video 720p in udk by capturing in game, my monitor display setting was at 1280x720 and did not capture 720p for that reason. When I increased it higher than 1280x720 if captures perfectly. I think if you want to capture that big of a size you have to increase in display settings your monitor resolution higher than 1920x1080? Maybe this can help.
  • olivierth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe but it would be weird if that was the solution. And in my case, 1080 is the highest my screen will go.
  • Perfect_Rolemodel
    mines would only go up to 1600x1200. Wish I knew another way.
  • olivierth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My apologies Perfect_Rolemodel.

I added the command "-FULLSCREEN" and that did the trick.

This means it literally captures what's on your screen. In my case, 1080 was exactly my screen resolution but since it was NOT in fullscreen, the window was slightly smaller and so the result screenshots are smaller.

You were right!

I'm so glad it works now!

Thank you!