Home Unreal Engine

Matinee Movie Capture Won't Record Particles

Hey PCers I'm having a bit of a problem trying to record particles in UDK using the new matinee "Create a Movie" button. Capturing the environment works great but the particles won't appear in the movie. I've tried adding new particles group and key toggle on in the same matinee as my camera fly through but it didn't work. Here's what I have on my matinee. Any help would be wonderful.

Matinee-Particles-Capture-Problem.jpg

Replies

• imbueFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imbueFX polycounter lvl 5
    Are you saying the particle show up in the editor fine when playing the matinee sequence, but when recording they won't show?

This is a long shot, but try moving your ON keys for your particle tracks off of frame 0. Nudge it forward in time a few frames.
  • Perfect_Rolemodel
    I've tried the suggestion, Thank you imbueFX. after testing a couple of times. I think it's the old upk file from ut3 I tried to use it in udk. There wasn't any errors shown but whenever I try to press the "Create Movie" button it won't snap to my camera animation setup. I guess the old ut3 upk file had something to do with it. Not a big deal. Thanks for the help =)
  • square01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Same here, but i would really like to resolve this!:poly124:
  • danpaz3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danpaz3d polycounter lvl 7
    I've had some issues with this too. The main reason I think is for performance. I tried on a slow machine and it barely recorded any particles, on a more powerful one it was a bit better. In the end its the software, I don't even think Epic use it to record anything.

Its purely for prototypes and/or quick clips. Just think that the software has to render all the graphics in real time, capture input in real time, and record and output in real time. A bit stressful.

However, it is possible, Crytek have done it on their software and that works fairly well. I just guess that Epic isn't really focusing on that too much because there's a lot of screen capture software out there.
  • Kon Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kon Artist polycounter lvl 8
    Could you cap a short video, so we can see your set up in editor and kismet... along with the values on your time line in matinee.

ps. what version of UDK?