Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ArenaNet Art Test deadline?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Ravenok polycounter lvl 7
Hey, did anyone hear about a deadline for the test? I want to take part but I'd rather avoid it if there's no time to get something properly done...

Replies

• barnesy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    barnesy polycounter lvl 9
    I am curious myself. I couldn't seem to find an end date on the website and it has been out for like a month so I am not sure :S

Try posting this in general discussion , you might get more replies :)
  • theslingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think there is any kind of deadline on this, there's nothing to "take part" of...It's not a contest, it's an art test after all.

But if you want to apply for the character artist position there, you should get moving and start working on it as soon as you can, because they are looking for character artists at the moment. But if you only want to have fun with it, take all the time you want.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    It was issued on June 11th and from what I recall they said 2-3 weeks, but ultimately its when the positions are filled i'm sure :)

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100740
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    No deadline. You just are gonna wanna get it done before the hires are made, yes? ;)
  • barnesy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    barnesy polycounter lvl 9
    Either way I am guessing that you would be able to use it as a portfolio piece that would demonstrate that you are good at working from concept art.

I might got for the female as I haven't seen as many female threads on here.
  • Ravenok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ravenok polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks everyone for the words. :)

I noticed they didn't respond or make any announcement regarding international hiring.
    Being from outside the US and with all of this financial crisis... does anyone know what's up with that? Do they accept international applicants?

EDIT: Yes I'll definitely go for the female. I've got more experience working on the male figure, so I guess this would be a great female practice (especially since it's norn female). Also I think the female concept is much better.