Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lephenix Progression thread

Lephenix
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Lephenix polycounter lvl 6
Hello everyone, here's a little presentation: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95305
After seeing that thread: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88366&highlight=motivation+graph for the first time, i finally understood why i always start something new and never finish what i started (in 3D). I don't have help to solve issues on my project, and that's why i loose the motivation for working on it and start something new. So i need to post on polycount to get feedbacks from awesome artists to progress. I am always open for critics and comments, and it is really important to start young i think (i'm 17). So let's begin :).
Alright, i have too much projects to work on, and i try to work on both, but working on multiple projects at the same time isn't good. So first step, help me choosing the model i have to do in my WIPs list and stick to it until it's finished :poly142::
http://s1043.photobucket.com/profile/NITRO051/uploads
Thanks in advance, i love that place :)!

Replies

• Lephenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Post reserved for the models finished.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    well, just choose a model that would give you most satisfaction if you finished it.
    a model that would be cool to see fully polished and with textures etc.
    or something that is challanging for you to make at the moment.
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    Why don´t you get your lego stuff and do a mini environment using it...maybe a small half scify corridor with one or two lego characters on that. All lego style and with some mobile spec in mind. Then put it on some game engine.
    What about some famous movie scene???
    That might be awesome. :)
  • Lephenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why don´t you get your lego stuff and do a mini environment using it...maybe a small half scify corridor with one or two lego characters on that. All lego style and with some mobile spec in mind. Then put it on some game engine.
    What about some famous movie scene???
    That might be awesome. :)

Hehe, i actually planed to do variants and with environments like the LEGO videogames :). Alright i'll work on the LEGO man. I think i am done with the legs, next the upper body or the arms :):

EDIT: Not finished yet with the legs, i am having troubles modeling the upper part of the leg in the hole with the boxes the hole in the box where you attach the belt here: 7144689935_7aa7fe8aeb_z.jpg
    What i have:

Any idea?
  • Lephenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Found a way :). Next, the upper body!
  • Lephenix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm done with the belt and the legs details: