Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benjam polycounter lvl 4
    Just below this one :\
  • Benjam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benjam polycounter lvl 4
    ok so i have come across a problem i cannot get my head around at all and no tutorials can point me in the right direction.

I had thought i had it figured out but i was horribly wrong, i have looked through some lightmass tutorials and how to UDK light stuff but a lot of them just say place lights and click build and the basic light will be done including shadows. The problem i am having with my scene is that the modular pieces seem to be taking on the same light map info as each other. Also the shadows look crap

177714_10150946628312986_2095444145_o.jpg

The modular pieces i am using are also painstakingly obviously stuck together but when they are unlit they look fine:

Lit and obviously modular

413657_10150946632062986_847343654_o.jpg

Unlit and looking non tiled:
    256560_10150946636347986_455180412_o.jpg

Can anyone help me pleaseeeeee id really appreciate it, im not sure if its just early days in lightmass experience or if i have set it up wrong or maybe its a prblem with the light maps?

I know its a bit early to be having lighting issues bearing in mind the scene is nowhere near complete but i would rather get some advice sooner rather than later

Cheers for the help :)
  • salman_fas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That seem on those columns is probably either in your normal map or specular map.
  • Benjam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benjam polycounter lvl 4
    i fixed it in the end by creating separate pillar models because in the beginning everything was one piece including the pillar but its ok now any idea how i can get decently defined shadows because there is not too much info on it?