Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Dump for Indie Game

Hey Guys!
So I am currently working on an Indie Zombie shooter and I got permission to show off the main character I did for the game.

457015_10151889713920311_1484261522_o.jpg

Replies

• ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    I think the biggest thing that stands out is poor distribution on your texture map. The whites of the eye nearly have as much texel density as the front of the face. You also have some weird waviness on the back collar which might be a bummer if this is for a 3rd person game. The face looks like it might be a little heavier geo wise than it needs to be but its hard to tell/not sure of the needs.
  • dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 polycounter lvl 9
    Second the eye comment. UV could be packed a bit more as well, seeing as there is quite a bit of black space. The two gloves could easily share the same texture space as well. The final result looks good though.
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    I think the cuffs look a little thick/unnatural how they end, the fabric looks super thick and there is no sign of stitching or folding at the end. Secondly, on the left render you have some black spots, did you texture outside your UV's? It might be a mip map issue. Also the hair looks a little bit like it was just placed ontop of the head, and not really ground from it. Can you post the sculpt?
  • Caldria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Caldria polycounter lvl 8
    An unlikely looking main character for a zombie shooter - which is a pretty cool change of pace, I like it.

Other than what has already been mentioned, I feel that maybe the pants and shoes are a little bit too noisy, particularly when comparing it to his jacket/shirt/tie.

Anyway, keep it up!