Home Unreal Engine

UDK Particle System

UDK Experts help please. i have a partice system that i set up but for the love of me i can NOT get it to loop or cycle more than once. i've played with the duration settings, there is also a value where loop is set to "0" and i've played with that from 1-100 but my emitters still seems to start as soon as i open the map and ends 20 seconds or so later no matter what values i change. i can upload a screen shot if needs be.

Replies

• imbueFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imbueFX polycounter lvl 5
    Hrmm that is strange. First thing I'd try is creating a new emitter in your particle system and leave it completely at the default settings. A new emitter should play infinitely, so see if it does in your level. It will help narrow down if it's something wrong with your emitter versus something wrong with the particle system.

As a wild guess, also try deleting all LODs from the particle system. Sometimes that bites me in the ass.
  • ChickenNoodleSoup
    imbueFX wrote: »
    Hrmm that is strange. First thing I'd try is creating a new emitter in your particle system and leave it completely at the default settings. A new emitter should play infinitely, so see if it does in your level. It will help narrow down if it's something wrong with your emitter versus something wrong with the particle system.

As a wild guess, also try deleting all LODs from the particle system. Sometimes that bites me in the ass.

thaks! that worked.