Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New Website looking for critics

Odins3d
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Odins3d polycounter lvl 5
Just redid my website and looking for some input. I used a sitebuilder so I'm kinda limited.
www.odins3d.com

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Top banner is a bit long, wasting vertical space

Portfolio content is techncially the same stuff, hard surface modeling. So it doens't really need two sections. Seems like everything could be up front on a single page.

Resume may be backwards. Tend to see resume downloads, skills and education before experience.

Also, "Clearance level: Secret" is this a joke? Reading that as the first thing in your resume is a big put off.

Contact pages are redundant to Resume.
  • Seaseme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seaseme polycounter lvl 8
    Hi Eric,

Your work looks good, your website is annoying to look at. Your orange is very distracting to your work, and your font choice is mostly ridiculous and difficult to read.

You have to remember that you're applying to art positions - your website should look like something that was made by an artist, as should your resume.

Anyhow, that's all aside the point - The Orange is distracting and fonts are a bit over done. Change those and you should be doing a whole hell of a lot better!

Nice work!
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Pretty much all covered, small banner, less orange, one page.

-I'd render your highs again tho, give them abit of spec/shine to make those details really pop, most of the detail gets lost in the bland greyness of it all.

Don't threat tho, with a few small presentation tweaks you could have a real nice hard surface folio. :)
    Have a look at other folios that are just high polies and see how they present them.

Good luck with it :)