Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: izu

izu
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
izu polycounter lvl 11
Hello!

I've been a long time lurker on Polycount and rarely posted anything of my own. I decided to be a little more active with showing my work and at the same time perhaps get some nice critiques on the way.

Starting off with a AK-74M I've been working on here and there since march 2011. I've put it on ice many times because of work taking too much time (as usual). But now I have some spare time to hopefully finish this one.

This is my first serious attempt at doing a weapon and I plan it to be part of a bigger project I want to do further ahead.

I've received lots of help and feedback from a friend of mine who has good weapon knowledge and owns both airsoft weapons and some real equipment. So I've had plenty of good references!

Some progress pics:
(might be a bit hard to see the details on these)
ak74mscopewip12dec2011.jpg
ak74mscopewip211dec2011.jpg
ak74mscopewip311dec2011.jpg
ak74mscopewip411dec2011.jpg
ak74mriflewip515dec2011.jpg
ak74mriflewip615dec2011j.jpg
riflelowpolysilhouette.jpg

Right now I'm baking normal maps and will post some result pics of that soon!

Replies

• izu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    izu polycounter lvl 11
    Baked! I'm counting the scope as an addon and gave it its own texture.
    The rifle and scope uses a 1024x2048 texture each. I'm probably going to resize the scope texture later.
    I'm going to add smaller normal map details such as text, symbols and dents with nDo in Photoshop.

A really grey pic from Maya viewport 2.0
    cwnJg.jpg
  • izu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    izu polycounter lvl 11
    Small update.
    Baked AO and have begun adding some wear and tear. It's a pretty boring object texture wise since it's pretty much all black. At least the one I'm using for ref is.
    I noticed that I get some shader errors when importing to Marmoset engine that I don't get in Maya. You can probably spot them. Should I triangulate those areas?

eY4ig.jpg