Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio pimpin' (Marcelo Viana)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
turistainc polycounter lvl 9
Hey all,

I just finished my portfolio website and have been sending out job apps. Would love if you could take a look and tell me what you think. Here's the link:

www.turistainc.com

Thanks a trillion!

-Marcelo

Replies

• Lavitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lavitz polycounter lvl 12
    Looks great, only thing I would add/change would be to have thumbs running across the side instead of the names and trying to fit it in so it didn't break the tangent of the line cutting down vertically in the background.
  • turistainc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's a great idea, but I can't really have thumbs on the menu because was built with a pre-built system that doesn't allow for that. Also, I intend to use this layout for a while so as I add more work it would become unfeasible to keep adding images.

I see you're reacting to not having a preview for the work before you click on it. I'm going to try and remedy that.

Thanks, Lavitz!
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    If that is the case you should consider putting a bunch of thumbnails or a big collage on your index page, instead of those vague silhouettes.

Put your name and contact info all the way on top. have 1 big "showcase" image and a bunch of thumbnails beside and/or under it linking to their respective pages.
  • Daelus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First thing that bothered me, the images are too wide to fit in one window for me. Sitting at 1680x1050 resolution, and I have to scroll left to fit the whole image. Not much, but still cutting off some of the edge of the images.

Second thing, the Beholder's eyes all seem very dull; virtually no highlights. It could be just me, but I like to see those tight highlights. Really brings them to life. :)

Also, did you include a shot of the game resolution dwarf without wireframe? Looks like zbrush polypaint, then sculpt, then game rez wire. Hard to judge it's final quality with wires blocking the view.

Anyway, webpage worked pretty well. Fast and easy to navigate.
  • turistainc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some changes based on you guys' feedback and I'm much happier with the site now. Thanks so much.

I added a random image script to the home page. It loads a random image every time you reload the page. They're just "promos" so there's no need to make sure people see them all, kind of a cool thing if you come back and see it's a different one.

I'm also interested in feedback on the work I put up. Does it feel like a good selection? I'm unsure if I should even put my Design and Photography work there, but I felt it showed the range of my skills.

Thanks again!

www.turistainc.com
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    I really like how simple and clean the site is, but I agree with Lavitz. I like the thumbnail setup instead of just the name of the project, but that is more of a personal preference, and I don't think its something you have to consider.

The only issue I can see that you might want to check out is how your website works on resolutions below 1080p. On the miscellaneous 3D work section the thumbnails stretch all the way across on my screen, but will they condense properly for people who are using a lower resolution monitor?