Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ArenaNet Character Art Test Female

Hey everybody, this is actually my first post on Polycount haha. I got somewhat of a late start on the character test, but I'm really really looking for a job and a character artist position is my dream job. I decided to do the female character, and I just finished Monday. I'm just hoping I have a chance at one of the positions.

Here is the Final character in Marmoset toolbag.

Page1.png

Here is the High res in Zbrush. There are things I would have done differently but this is my first female sculpt in Zbrush, plus my first time with fur. You will also see the Low res mesh there, and it with normal maps.

Page2.png

and lastly here are the textures.

Page3.png

I'm hoping and praying I have a chance at one of these jobs. It would be a dream come true.

Replies

• JabbaDaGrif77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are some bigger images.

1screenshot0.png

1screenshot4.png

BeautyShot.png
  • dwgagner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dwgagner polycounter lvl 7
    Your sculpt is alright though she feels a little short. ArenaNet uses hero proportions (about 7 to 7 1/2 heads tall). Also you really missed the mark on the texturing. Flat colors and an occlusion isn't going to cut it in the industry. If you pull up any screen shots from GW2 and inspect the characters you will find that the textures are very rich and mostly hand painted. My advice is to spend some time learning how to paint different materials and then apply that to your texturing process. Also learn how to mirror UV's whenever possible. For instance your hands, legs and even your face in this case (since the map is only a 1024) could of been mirrored thereby increasing your texture resolution and more effectively utilizing the UV space. At any rate best of luck man.