Home Artists Looking For Work

Gear City is looking for Morphed Car Body Meshes!

Hello all,

We're looking for 3d artist capable of creating car meshes and morph animations to be used in a car customization system for our Automobile Manufacturing Business Simulator named Gear City.

We're offering $20 a model, morphed and animated, that meet our specifications. These models DO NOT need interiors, details, textures, UV unwrapping, or anything else. We only need car bodies with 20 or more morphs and matching time-line animations. The better quality and more morphs the more likely we are to accept your work. Ultimately we're aiming for around 200 models, so there is some money to be made for those who want to do the work.

For more details on our submission process visit here: Art Submission Guidelines
For details on model specifications visit here: Car Design Tutorial
For our Car Model Testing Tool which you can use to test your models in game try here (2 samples included): Gear City Model Testing Tool

Gear City has been in the works for nearly two years. Programming wise the game is practically done. Most of the remaining work is art related. Currently we are updating the GUI, and when we're finished with that we will update our video and screen shots. Our most pressing need however, is for 3d car body models!

Gear City's main page: http://www.gearcity.info
Visual Entertainment and Technologies web-page: http://ventdev.com

Questions? Comments? Feel free to ask on here or on our forums!

Replies

• shagz412
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Might want to do your homework on the complexity of the project you are asking for the (laughable) price you are willing to paying. Im sure im not the only one that laughed at your quoted price but good luck anyways....go scalp a student artist looking for work.

Now if you are serious, and willing to pay legitimate freelance rates and not "free"lance rates then I will be happy to sit down with you and work out some sort of bulk price and timeline....but your price will not work out.
  • juguefre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    juguefre polycounter lvl 11
    20!? OMG!.....................
  • BronzeBeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shagz412 wrote: »
    Might want to do your homework on the complexity of the project you are asking for the (laughable) price you are willing to paying. Im sure im not the only one that laughed at your quoted price but good luck anyways....go scalp a student artist looking for work.

Now if you are serious, and willing to pay legitimate freelance rates and not "free"lance rates then I will be happy to sit down with you and work out some sort of bulk price and timeline....but your price will not work out.

I do agree that the compensation is low, but we're on a fairly tight budget. Four grand is about 80% of our budget. So yes, at this rate we're targeting students/hobbyist who want to work on a project that will be completed and who want to actually be paid. This is also why we're not requiring any commitment to the project. We want people to submit work at their own discretion.

I have to disagree with your complexity statement. I'm not much of a modeler myself, however, I am able to complete one car a night (4-6 hours). There is not much in the way of artistic skill needed, there is no details to the body, no UVing, no texturing etc. Just basic morphing and naming things properly.

In any case thank you for your comments. Please PM me a quote you would think reasonable.
  • BronzeBeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *edit* Sorry for double post. I was posting from work and lynx hicupped.
  • HITLER04121989
    sent you a private message on Polycount
  • HITLER04121989
    Sir,

Awaiting your Reply.

Thanks & Regards
    TEAM AMUN-RE
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    seriously offering 20 bucks per model and a guy called Hitler replies. Made my day