Home Technical Talk

Baking vray render elements issues

Hi I have some problems trying to bake render elements of vray with RTT in 3d max.
I choose several vray elements but I can only get 3 of them, vrayrawlightingmap, vrayrawglobalilluminationmap, and vraydiffusefiltermap.

This is at high resolution of 2048 but if I try less I can get all of the elements so I figure it's a problem of memory.

Also I have had to disable the VRAY render buffer because because if not I had a "system exception ocurred during render" error message.

Does anyone know about this issue and how to solve it?

Replies

• styx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ups the problem was that there wasn't memory in the hard drive...
  • styx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I still have the problem and the cause clearly is not the memmory of the HDD, I have enough memmory now.

I don't know what is happening, it doesn't save any of the elements. This last render I chose only vrayrawglobalilluminationmap and vrayrawlighting and it didn't save them to file.
    It's very strange because it renders perfectly in the window.

But curiously if i try at less resolution than 2048 it works..

Does anyone know what can I do? I'm desperate I can not do tests of 9hs for nothing..

Also, is there any way to recover the elements from the render window with any option and save them manually after the render is done? With the VFB I could, but I can't use it because I'm baking..