Home Unreal Engine

Texture stretching :/

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
Hi all, Just was reading this article

http://www.thiagoklafke.com/modularenvironments.html

and was wondering how he UVed the straight texture on to circular one without stretching. Its annoying when you know how to do something but something comes along and makes you look bad.

Any ideas?,

im using 3ds max

Replies

• Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    There is stretching, just not noticeable enough to be a problem.

You can just model your circle, and then while unwrapping it make sure you have a straight strip, pretty quick if you have some good UV alignement tools.
    You can also do it the other way around, map your texture on a rectangular bit with subdivisions, then just use a bend or something to curve it.

If you have straight perpendicular lines on your texture, they might break up on the triangles of your curve, in which case you want to have your curve subdivisions placed over those lines in the UVs, so you are sure they stay straight.
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
    aha thanks for quick reply, soo guess i was on right track and felt stoned for no reason :D.

I did exact same stuff as you mention, except having the lines match the lines of texture, may be thats why my result looked wavy, jagged.

Guess im gonna go for 45 degree bend angel as its much stable and provied good result, after that gonna mirror it three time and weld. :D .

Once again Thank you :).
    guess im getting old or paranoid in 3D :D