• Boyles82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I designed the textures for this model. I would like some feedback on it
  • sofabound
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sofabound polycounter lvl 9
    I think it's a good start- the bump map is extremely distracting though. It's a little too high on both the handle and the blade, and the blade looks more like leather than metal. Get some good reference images for other axes, from both real life as well as other game models; I think looking at those will help.
  • David-J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David-J polycounter lvl 11
    Good start but try to tell a story with the object and it's textures. If it's a axe used in battle show some battle damage.

Also look at real axes for reference. YOu have areas that are way too smooth to be believable. Same thing for the wood. The wood wouldn't be cut in such a way for an axe. Use reference.

cheers!
  • theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theSixtyEight polycounter lvl 7
    not sure of troll or what, but man, u dont need to make 5 threads with 5 same pictures in it...if u making some progress, put it to one thread
  • Boyles82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys for your feedbacks. I will fix the problem on the ax. Sorry for posting same pictures on on different threads. I am still new on this site. I will repost the update of the ax on next week.
  • Aga22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    the design of the axe means that it's a present day axe...which means the bump should be smooth in general, with some scratches if you wanna show that it's been used in ...something (battle, etc.) the handle is too bumpy as well. Even if you see weapons from the middle ages they are smoothed out. keep working. 80% of the job is observation.