Home Unreal Engine

Minimap Question

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Minato polycounter lvl 5
Is it possible to have a dynamic minimap in the game?if so how?

I have a 3 story building which can be navigated through stairs and i want the minimap to correspond to that story's map so when the player reaches for example the 2nd story it dynamically changes to that story's minimap.

Replies

• AeroAstroArtsLtd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AeroAstroArtsLtd polycounter lvl 12
    I would say your best bet would be to use a scripted texture to switch between level maps when you switch which level is currently being streamed, here's a bunch of articles on ScaleForm you might find your solution within these articles:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/743567-Getting-Started-with-Scaleform-amp-UDK

best of luck
  • Minato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minato polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks a lot for the respond Aero,are you suggesting that i put each story of the building on a different level? because right now everything is inside one level,actually i myself had a theory that i haven't tried yet mainly due to skepticism and not knowing how something like that can be done;and that's having each story on a separate level and give those levels their own minimap,and then in game(and this is the part i don't know how to do),switch the persistent level(which i assume stores the current game's minimap) to the corresponding story's level,basically i have a list of streamed in levels and i want to switch the persistent level between them based on certain events(in this case entering another story,or player's Z height in the world)...any comment on that?...again,i'm just hypothesizing here...

About the scripted textures,they seem like an interesting subject(first time hearing about them),can really something like that be achieved through them? i had a look at the link Aero provided,but have no idea as to how that can be implemented in the minimap context,can someone with experience with these things just confirm that something like that can be done with scripted textures or not?...