BenHenry polycounter lvl 11
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    sorry in advance if this may sound harsh

finished?

no way

don't get me wrong, the model looks nice, the shapes are cool - the normalmaps seem to work good besides some shading errors on hard anglers, which I assume come from beeing not synchronized between normal baker and renderer?

But texture and shadingwise thise is totally nor finished, the shading is just simple phong, your beautyshot could be considered as a joke, upscaled, with that super upscaled thing in the background, blurry pixels everywhere.
    Your texture seems to be just colors with some very simple soft brufh work on top, everything looks just like plastics.

Please show some wires and flats to be able to crit properly, but right now the way you present it, just screams work in progress
  • Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    /@ neox signed..

maybe i wouldnt say it the "harsh" way but i thought the same..
    Its an interesting model, please invest some hours and improve the texture work
    You will see the difference !

Greets
  • legacy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First all, thanks for critics. Your remarks were very constructives.
    But I should have to precise that my model has been created at shccool
    and this is my first character.
    I'm aware of the beginner aspect of my character and I probably lack of techninical skill to reach what you're underline above.
    Regarding to the texture I think that my level of detail is not very emphazise
    but there is an alpha to simulate the skin texture.

Next time I' ll care of it.

See you and thanks!
  • DerekLeBrun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DerekLeBrun polycounter lvl 11
    I don't really get the sense that he is a hedgehog as much as just a horned creature. Perhaps try posing him in a more dynamic stance with sword and shield in hand, and add more quills to his back?
  • SveinY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    Cool model dude but I would love to see some more work on the textures and would love to see him in a game engine like Toolbag, UDK or Crysis.
  • guhhh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guhhh polycounter lvl 9
    great character!!!!
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    i think the character would be worth putting in some time for better textures and shading and fixing some of the shading issues you have (just saw, his right glove, greenchannel inverted?) - its a cool base and would be a great portfolio piece if you would put in a little more love.