Home Unreal Engine

recording with Matinee (blurred)

decorix
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
decorix polycounter lvl 11
Hi,

I'm trying to record a movie with matinee (UDK MAY 2012 build).
But when I render out my frames (as bitmaps) they are blurred in the
beginning of my sequence. Does anybody know why this happening?

I have tried higher frame rate 48 and 60. Also highest resolution didn't
work.

It seems like it needs to have an buffer then after 2 seconds its fine.

Replies

• CHON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have the same problem I think it's the UDK who has to load your textures.
    Just add a few frames before your animation really start so UDK can load it, I don't have any other option maybe someone else will.
  • Hellfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hellfire polycounter lvl 14
    for recording try to disable bUseTextureStreaming=True in the UDKEngine.ini

and for ingame cutscenes start with a few frame black screen
  • SirCalalot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SirCalalot polycounter lvl 10
    Is there a specific reason that you are using Matinee to record your video?

As you have a lot more freedom with engine settings by launching and recording the game/level straight from Windows Command Prompt.

Open up the Command Prompt by pressing your Windows Key and typing "cmd". Hit enter.

Then type something along the lines of:

"[noparse]C:\UDK\UDK-2012-04\UDKGame\Content\Maps\YourFile.udk[/noparse] -BENCHMARK -MAXQUALITYMODE -NOTEXTURESTREAMING -DUMPMOVIE -FPS=30 -ResX=1280 -ResY=720"

Replacing the part in red with the location of your scene file on your machine (I can't remember entirely off the top of my head)

-BENCHMARK runs the game at a 'fixed step' so that it doesn't skip any frames when rendering.
    -NOTEXTURESTREAMING will fix the issue that you mentioned above.
    -DUMPMOVIE saves each frame to a bitmap in your 'UDKGame\ScreenShots' folder.
  • decorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    decorix polycounter lvl 11
    Hello,

The reason i'm using Matinee is because it has an record button (option)
    top/right of the screen (red button).

I've tried CMD way, but it freezes everytime I run it. I have adjusted the path correctly and I also added DM- in front of it. Not sure why it freezes and how to fix this. Read more people having same problems.

Also tried FrontEnd,, adjusting the path. This approach gives me black materials on some meshes (like landscape).

Perhaps June version have some fixes.

SirCalalot wrote: »
    Is there a specific reason that you are using

Matinee to record your video?

As you have a lot more freedom with engine settings by launching and recording the game/level straight from Windows Command Prompt.

Open up the Command Prompt by pressing your Windows Key and typing "cmd". Hit enter.

Then type something along the lines of:

"[noparse]C:\UDK\UDK-2012-04\UDKGame\Content\Maps\YourFile.udk[/noparse] -BENCHMARK -MAXQUALITYMODE -NOTEXTURESTREAMING -DUMPMOVIE -FPS=30 -ResX=1280 -ResY=720"

Replacing the part in red with the location of your scene file on your machine (I can't remember entirely off the top of my head)

-BENCHMARK runs the game at a 'fixed step' so that it doesn't skip any frames when rendering.
    -NOTEXTURESTREAMING will fix the issue that you mentioned above.
    -DUMPMOVIE saves each frame to a bitmap in your 'UDKGame\ScreenShots' folder.