Home Unreal Engine

Fire particle

So I have a stock UDK fire in my scene but want it to use it as a light source sort of like this http://www.lee-3d.com/?p=206 where you see the fire and flames flickering in a couple of seconds...is there anyway i can apply it to my scene because all i have now is fire is on torch and a spotlight next to torch.

Replies

• Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would assume this is the old Adjust light values in matinee thing. I think 3DBuzz included that in their UDK starter tutorials.
  • imbueFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imbueFX polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah lights directly from Cascade are not supported. Workarounds like the kismet approach or spawning a light in uscript are viable options for gametime. You also can animate light in a matinee sequence as Visceral has mentioned.
  • Minato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minato polycounter lvl 5
    I usually just use a flickering material(you know panning clouds) as light function in case of flickering lights,in which case i can actually sync the flickering with the flickering used in the light's material itself,works pretty well and is quite efficient,but a matinee controlled light effect works nice too,little bit harder to setup though imo...