Home Technical Talk

Zbrush-Projection master stretching problem

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
Hello,can someone explain me how would I use projection master to add ornaments on the cylinder without getting stretching on sides?I already tried morphuv but that would deform it while the morpuv is still on but after i turn it off to see the model in its "3D"shape deformations get deleted.

Replies

• WarrenM
    You could save a morph target and then paint out the parts that stretch once you pick it up again...
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Make sure normalized and double sided is on, but that will only work for very simple deformations (lines) and might still lead to stretching on certain shapes.

For more complicated patterns that you'd want to be seamless across the model, you were on the right trail with MorphUV. But instead of using deformations, you'll want to use black polypaint to paint a mask on it. Also make sure that the tool has a texture assigned first before using projection master (a blank white one). Then after you lay down your pattern, pick it up from the document and un morph it, the texture will still have the detail you just projected, which can then be converted to a mask and inflated using a deformation. It would look similar to this.