Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

DnD-ish Drow alchemist

7166516687_9298621f9a_b.jpg
7351804602_6dccb1e839_b.jpg
The poly count is around 8000 so far but that is because many of the faces that can be planes are not. because i want to sculpt in mudbox.take it a lot back down after sculpting with the normals. and even less once i get to using alphas.

building over a female human model. considering if it have been more efficient if i built as is instead of over a human model. the answer would probably be yes. oh well.

the arms will defs be redone before sculpt.

oh right. explanation.

the hood is composed of a mindflayer skull and skin. to block out mind control and such. mind flayer skull reference
right arm some sort of bug carapace armour.
left arm some sort of bug skin graft.
left thigh has some scalpels and pouches.
normal boots on right and turtle shell boots on the left.

has a police baton like weapon.

has a lot of crap on backpack. like jarred mindflayer spaawn and dried mindflayer tentacles

collects mindflayer stuff for sale/use.

Replies

• jmt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmt
    This looks bizarre. I want to see more. The face geo looks like it might be incorrect, but I can't really tell from this distance. Why are there black lines all over the place? Look at some reference for boots, because those don't look right at the moment. How realistic is this supposed to be?
  • pyra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the black lines are there because i am just using auto-wrap to preview the ambient occlusion.

and sure. will check more boots.

oh. and how realistic. i dont particularly know. i mean all the proportions should be realistic. but there will have to be some slight exagerations in the fix up stage after sculpting.
  • pyra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    7353679988_41784f8432_c.jpg
    i realised the pic i posted up there isnt the most flattering picture. so here is a close up of face.

there is the progress on the head gear. thinking of inserting a glowing crystal so it will look something like a mining hat

started building the backpack

PS:
    7168900159_a913dc3d5d_c.jpg
    The backpack. just needs few more details
    7354111850_ed732e3d67_c.jpg
    some grenade vials thingys.