Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Turbo Run Shirt!

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Delko polycounter lvl 15
Hey guys, as some of you may know from the low poly thread, for the past year or so I've been working on a racing game with a few others called Turbo Run. Development has kind of stalled as of recent since my programmers(who have been working pro bono for months) have to focus on actual thing like school and work. So I decided to take one of the cover art/poster designs I had made and turn it into a T-shirt. Since its such a complex design, I figured I'd submit it to Threadless.com to try and get it printed. If it gets chosen for print, I receive $2000, which I will use part of to pay the other team member's for their contributions. The rest will go toward hiring a full time programmer to finish the programming of the game. (I don't plan to use any of the winnings for personal gain, it all goes to the project)

So what I'm asking is for you guys to register an account on threadless and vote 5 on the design. It wont make it on its own, as the threaldess community is pretty harsh on designs that don't fall into a very narrow criteria.

So please vote!
trshirt.jpg

PS to mods: I thought this would be the most appropriate section for this, but if I'm mistaken please move it!

Replies

• Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    Looking great :) Voted 5 out of 5, would be very interested in buying a tshirt as long as they're not too expensive :)

GL with the contest :)
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
    I dunno, if the community wouldn't choose your shirt then maybe it shouldn't win, it's their contest. Sure your team would benefit from it, but I imagine lots of people put time into their designs, wouldn't be right to try and get a load of people from other sites to sign up to it and vote it up. Good luck with it though.
  • JamesWild
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesWild polycounter lvl 8
    I've been looking forwards to a game like ever since I saw the low poly post. I grabbed the demo, and I was just wondering - is the very unpredictable acceleration intentional? I can spend an entire straight doing just 40 with the accelerator held down then right before a corner suddenly the car begins accelerating rapidly which is a little disorientating. It feels like a timestep bug.

The art is great, by the way - I love it, a fresh take on a slightly tired pixel art genre.

Looking forwards to a finished product.

EDIT:
    I think I've got it figured out. Sliding seems to reduce the effectiveness of velocity on location, rather than reducing the effectiveness of acceleration or increasing drag. The effect is that if you go into a slide and then quickly come out of it you suddenly regain your speed without having to accelerate back up and it can make it very disorientating through multiple corners as the car goes very fast very suddenly between them.
  • Delko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Delko polycounter lvl 15
    I dunno, if the community wouldn't choose your shirt then maybe it shouldn't win, it's their contest. Sure your team would benefit from it, but I imagine lots of people put time into their designs, wouldn't be right to try and get a load of people from other sites to sign up to it and vote it up. Good luck with it though.

Its no really a contest, thousands of shirt get submitted every day and there no limit on how many get printed. Its not like this shirt getting picked would prevent another one from being made. They even encourage you to promote your design outside the community.

@JamesWild The current demo build is very rough, and originally wasn't meant to be publicly released. Its just after months of in-activity I thought I should release something for the people following the project to play. The car seems to lag in first gear up to 40mph, then when it shifts to second gear the acceleration rockets up to 100 in like one second. This was all going to be sorted out, but my programmer had other obligations. In a final version of the game the car wouldn't handle like that obviously, but it is possible to get a hang of it and get the car around the track without hitting any walls.

@Chunkey Many thanks! You make the score bump up to 2.40
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
    Ah okay that sounds alright then.
  • Delko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Delko polycounter lvl 15
    I just noticed i forgot to add shadows under the cars, I'll fix that before submission (if it get picked)