Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Seburo 2.0

HAL
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
HAL polycounter lvl 13
So I wasn't that pleased with the texture result and the overall mesh itself back then, and decided to redo a lot of stuff including a complete new texture set.

Hope you like it.

e:// concept's by masamune shirow btw.

Also for comparison the old version can be seen here:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z106/SoullanceHAL/finish1.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z106/SoullanceHAL/finish2.jpg

New:
Final3.jpg
Final2-3.jpg
Final1-2.jpg

Maps:
Maps-5.jpg

Replies

• Sandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is cool, but why is metal texture actually following surface curves? Creates impression that texture is stretched
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    I actually dont know what you mean but the only thing I could imagine that you think of are the scratches on the metal ?!
  • Bad Spleen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice model and solid mapping.

The texture however has some strange features.

You have areas where the paint has been scratched to bare metal, yet how did this happen? In certaing crevaces there are stratches. However in a real world situation, only the extremeties would get scratched. Imagine dropping the gun on the floor, and where would make contact with the floor.

In regards to Sandros comment, I think what he means is that there are scratches, or detail in the main texture that has been drawn over the flow of the model. It gives the impression that paint has been smeared over the model.

Your spec map is too plain. You need greated difference between the areas, some more contrast in the texture would help.

Keep up the good work.

-Adam
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Thank you! definitely something I have to work on again :O
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Okey tried to change those things you mentioned. Any better?

better.jpg
  • Kitteh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kitteh polycounter lvl 18
    The synthetic parts just look like a different kind of metal because of the smudgy paint thing you have going on. Needs more plastic texture.
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Got it into hl2. Needs tweaking though, hands are gordon's stock ones that came with the game

Phong needs some tweaking though.

phong-1.jpg