Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hand w.i.p.

Replies

• timwiese
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    timwiese polycounter lvl 9
    hands.jpg
    work in progress of a hand. few hours in.

Looking good, I'm loving the veins and musculature of the forearm. The only part that looks somewhat strange to me is how close the pinky is to the finger next to it.
  • VikingJim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex, Great work on the hand. Your anatomy is rather good. However, If you were to try scaling the knuckles at the base of the fingers up a bit, it may add a bit of interest to the lateral silhouette. There are some lines on the top of the wrist that look a bit out of place. The ones on the underside look great, but on your "outer" wrist, the skin is a bit tougher and wouldn't nessecerely show those creases when being held in a neutral position. And I also agree with Tim, on moving the pinky out from the ring finger a bit.

Other than those minor fixes this looks great.

Cheers, Jim
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    I think the pointer finger should be slightly shorter, (it is on my hands at least). Also, possibly make the finger nails more curved and less flat. Other than that, and the things already mentioned it looks quite good. A nice sculpt man.
  • whipSwitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whipSwitch polycounter lvl 8
    The thumb seems larger than it should be, and I'm not entirely sure why. (could very well be zbrush's ass-backwards perspective) The inside of the palm needs to be reorganized. The "M" shaped formed by the natural folding of the hands should be more distinct. Specifically, the crease from the outside of the palm to between the pointer and index. Overall, the palm seems unually wrinkled, Palm tend to have lots of creases from contant folding, but not much in the way of actual wrinkles. Other than that, its great. Hands are very subtle, and I always considerd them the hardest thing to scupt. Good job so far!
  • Alex Pointer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the advice guys. I completely forgot about starting this thread, I have been a lil busy with some mod action. I've since adjusted the look of the hand and will post it as soon as I can render it out again. thanks again o and sorry for the delay. Tim how's HIGH VOLTAGE!!!!!!! i am completely jealous...
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    I'd love to see your wireframes if you don't mind, here or PM. I'm rather curious as to how you model it out =)
  • Alex Pointer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay here are the wireframes for the lowest subdivision of the hand. The palm topology flow could be cleaned up but it subdivides fine in zbrush this way. 3600939370_d1e08a21e4_o.jpg
  • DarthNater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    I'm no topology expert, but that looks good to me!

The only thing that bothered me was that dip before the pinky starts, it may be a little too deep.

Are you going to stop at the hand or keep going and get a character out of this :)