eld polycounter lvl 18
Has anyone played this yet?..

I find it to be absolutely awesome, a japanese freespace in a gundam-esq

Replies

• Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    So its good? I tried the demo but it was kinda messy, hard to tell whats going on and who is who. Maybe i shuld give it another spin.
    And how is the ship modding? Lots of options and freedom?
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    I had a hard time making stuff out my first missions, but it gets much better later on, and you'll be able to see things much better once you get a hang on it.

four mounting points on the ship, my favorite type of weapons are the large railguns you can mount under the ship.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, yea, I got the demo, actually thought it was one of the worst games I've played. Just a fartin mess.

Ahh well, I'm not the best judge, not my style of game.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Just finished it, it's way beyond a mess in the end, lots of battlecruisers, some really big ships, and a ton of small fighters.

demo doesn't do it justice though, since I felt a bit bad about it until I finished a few missions and could see what the mess of the whole display ment.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Finished allready? Any replay value like skrimish or multiplayer?
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    sadly no, which is the downside to the game, no skirmish or multiplayer, only the quite not long enough main campaign which has a great pace and never gets boring.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    watched someone playing. too much "wing commander", not enough "tie fighter" for my taste. i would love to have a modern version of the latter tho.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    I find it to be absolutely awesome, a japanese freespace in a gundam-esq
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    That's why I'm sad to see this game go ignored, since this was another resurrection of the space simulator genre, which doesn't seem to be all popular, which means that I won't see another proper freespace game.

The future will be wing commander on the 360 arcade frown.gif(
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hmm, yea, I got the demo, actually thought it was one of the worst games I've played. Just a fartin mess.

Ahh well, I'm not the best judge, not my style of game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Signed... I really disliked the demo. It seemed like just a mess of a game and was sort of boring. But like you, I just don't think it's my type of game.