Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

universal monsters: Update

character
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
character polycounter lvl 18
Here's a head i did for this mod at my old school. Out of a job atm so I went back to help make some assets for the current mod. Gonna stick this on a body someone else modeled. I dunno what happened to thier character guy, but they've put me on characters for now. Next is unwrapping then texturing. Gonna do the mummy next.

I know it's a bit high poly, but I wasn't given a polycount. It sits at about 4200 polys with the body the other guy made. We'll see how it runs soon enough. Any and all crits are welcome. I need to get better at this so I can find me a job =)

creature002b.jpg

Replies

• oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    looks nice, AI aye? I like this better than the previous model for blk lagoon char. is the head the only thing they were having u change?
  • character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, AI. who's this? hehe
    this is actually the 2 revision. they want me to change the upper torso as well cause i had attached a similar head but because of the body shape, it wasn't looking too pretty. i'm remodeling it right now so that he's more upright, just like the one in the movie. other than that there shouldn't be any more changes
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    i was sorta confused why they didn't go with the original creature look in the first place. i'm friends with the animation lead guy, usually next to him workin on stuff. laugh.gif
  • character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eric said it didn't look like the creature at all so they wanted to kind of fuse both designs together. but when i did that he didn't like it either so i asked him if he just wanted me to go with the original head which meant changing the upper torso so this is what we ended up with. btw i'm almost done. should have another update in a few hours
  • character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    finally finished rigging this dude. here's the wip texture for the head. not gonna show the body and the tex cause it's not mine.
    wip4.jpg
  • character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    finished the texture for the head and i touched up the textures on the body. don't wanna show those tho cause they're not mine and i don't know the artists' name that started on it. sorry for the crappy render. i'll try and get a better one later this week
    creaturefinalb.jpg

and here's the mummy. almost done with the geometry. gonna add the face later on today. gotta run to a friends house back home for a bit. ttyl
    wip001.jpg
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Nice model dude, good meshflow. You might want to give another pass at the joints after rigging it. The elbows look like they will be particularly problematic.

poop.gif
  • character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks poop. i threw some joints on there and it didn't deform too bad with just the default weights. we'll see what the rigger says once he's done with his part.

here's an in-game shot of what i got so far. i started over on the bandages cause they were looking waaay too busy.
    wip002.jpg

this was a test render that came out funny. looks like he's got a bra on, hehe
    funny.jpg
  • character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here's an update on the mummy. in-game screenshot to see what it looked like ... in game!
    wip003.jpg
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Looks really cool but the bandages on the mummy look clean and the head texture seems a tad dark.