Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A Diorama

LacedwithJoy
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
LacedwithJoy polycounter lvl 2
Hello Polycount!

I'm modeling a diorama using the image below as a reference! 
This is not my original artwork, it was done by Olga Orlova on ArtStation (https://www.artstation.com/sheer-madness ) 

I've got a rough block out done to get a sense of proportion.
model

Any crit is welcome! 

Replies

• LacedwithJoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello again!

I haven't been able to work on this as often as I would like to this week. I've got a little progress on my low poly model. I've been practicing how to make rope using the line tool. It's a lot easier to use than trying to model the rope from a cylinder. 

This is my progress so far. 

model

For my next post, I will hopefully have all of the Low Poly done. 

Any crit is welcome!
  • LacedwithJoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello again, 

I've finished the low poly and plan to have the high poly done and baked by my next update. 

model

Any crit is welcome
  • LacedwithJoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello again!

I've done some High poly work! Not quite done but getting there. 

Any crit is welcome!
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    The way youre presenting it doesnt make this easy to see, I wouldnt condense all those shots into one image like you  have in your last image. That aside, my first thoughts are 
    -The roof is missing a piece, and its shape does seem right. Yours seems very straight, while in the concept it looks like it concaves in a lot more. (on the edges)
    -The windows are incorrect, they're missing several pieces. I also dont think they're the right size. 
    - The planks you've made also need a lot more work. RIght now they're just hard rectangles, with some seemingly random strokes done on the surface. I'd make sure to put those details in, with intent, and to break up the surface. 
    - also bevel those edges, no wood is that sharp. 
    - If i were you. I'd set up a "camera" with that house in the background, and just model to that, so you can get your proportions and what not just right. 

Good start!
    Post moarr!