Home Unreal Engine

Issue with landscapes deforming.

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Apocrs1980 polycounter lvl 4
Sorry for the subsequent posts, still fairly new to UE4 and am running into an issue with my landsacpe.

before everything was fine but now I notice whenever I rebuild the landscape shifts as such:

However once I select the landscape sculpting tool and just click on the landscape it all goes back to normal, like so:

yeah....wtf? Anyone else experience this? it's annoying.

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Change the LOD distance.
  • Apocrs1980
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did that and noting happened. :(
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you say nothing happened, that would mean lod is not working which is definitely not the case. Do you see the polygons becoming more or less dense (in wireframe) close to the camera, when you change that parameter? 
  • Apocrs1980
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, let me clarify.
    When I said nothing happened I meant with the targeted area I am showing in the above pics, the landscape that is away form the camera however is changing density as I adjust  the LOD distance on it.
    I'm just confused as to why there was no problems before and now all of a sudden the landscape is acting funky.
    I really wish I was more well versed in the engine but that all comes with time as I run into these sort of issues.
    Oh, and many thanks for trying to help me out on this.  Your assistance is very much appreciated.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you show a screenshot of your landscape lod settings?
  • Apocrs1980
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure this is what it is set at, after messing with it and getting no results I put it back to the default.

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have 2 ideas of what it could be or how to solve:
    1. Your quality settings have dropped to a lower one due to being afk or compiling or something so now it shows less tessellation on landscapes. Make sure you are on max quality.
    2.  Go into wireframe view, and play with the "lod distance factor" parameter. Try to find a value that works.

To be honest, I have no idea about what could have happened to your landscape, so I'm just coming up with things that could possible fix it.
  • Apocrs1980
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback man, I tried everything I could think of, eventually I redid the grass using a different arraignment of cards and it mysteriously fixed itself. I'm puzzled but glad there is no more issues.  
    No more wierd geo