Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Frog Warrior - My first 3D project

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
MBauer17 greentooth
Hello, I've been taking a lot of Udemy courses in my spare time and have spent a large amount learning zBrush and Maya. I am sculpting a warrior frog inspired by a doodle sketch by Maeve Broadbin https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eNkG3 . I'm learning a LOT. This is my first real 3D project and I hope to learn a lot from it.

Replies

• izaakb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    izaakb triangle
    Dude! Loving the forms! The stylization is really nice! Though if that fork is a weapon, it reminds me more of a farming tool, I wonder if maybe there could be a mod on it or something to make it more menacing (a knife attached on the end or a giant spiky ball made from a thistle/thorns for example). Unless it's not meant to be menacing. Looks great!
  • MBauer17
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MBauer17 greentooth
    Made quite a bit of progress today and last night - Learned how to create some hard surfaces and utilize the move polymesh tool. 

• Noseman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noseman null
    very good work!
  • MBauer17
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MBauer17 greentooth
    An update after I decided to trash the original frog and rebuild him. Although I'm still not happy with how the mouth looks - I'm struggling to get a smooth look like in the original concept. Any suggestions?

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    If you're struggling with the smoothness of the forms, it may behoove you to straight upr etopologize what you have to get a cleaner mesh.  It's what I ddi for my Batman infinity sculpt.  Get it tot where the forms are basically there, and a retopo helped me achieve a cleaner mesh much faster.  Whether that's a manual retopo or a Zremesh.
  • MBauer17
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MBauer17 greentooth
    If you're struggling with the smoothness of the forms, it may behoove you to straight upr etopologize what you have to get a cleaner mesh.  It's what I ddi for my Batman infinity sculpt.  Get it tot where the forms are basically there, and a retopo helped me achieve a cleaner mesh much faster.  Whether that's a manual retopo or a Zremesh.
    I took your suggestion and did some selective retopologizing. Worked perfectly thank you sooo much!