Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Character Art - Shadow Evelynn

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Byren polycounter lvl 8
Latest Update!

First texture pass, just roughing out the light direction and shapes. I'm experimenting with making her skin have a colder colour to it, so blues and purples instead of the peachy colour from her splash art, please let me know if you think it looks good or not!
I Also adjusted some of the proportions a little bit - filled out the hips, legs and bum, adjusted her lower back and messed with face shape slightly.
As you can see, the back hasn't gotten as much attention as the front at this stage but she's slowly coming along :)

Original Post

Bit late to the party! 

I've decided I'll be creating some fan art for the Shadow Evelynn skin. Thankfully I've already started and will be posting an update after this post!

Replies

• Byren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Byren polycounter lvl 8
    Unless anyone has any feedback I'll be moving on to a bit of polishing of a couple of areas and then retopo.
    Just noting that I'm aware she generally has quite a low level of detail, I'll be addressing that when I come to painting the textures, I'm just after the general shapes here! :smile:

• Byren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Byren polycounter lvl 8
    Retopo and unwrapping done, on to texturing! I've decided not to bake down the AO from ZBrush, I much prefer painting textures completely by hand :)

If anyone was wondering, the tri count is 10,553

• Byren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Byren polycounter lvl 8
    Texturing has begun, but just a colour block-in so far

• Byren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Byren polycounter lvl 8
    First texture pass, just roughing out the light direction and shapes. I'm experimenting with making her skin have a colder colour to it, so blues and purples instead of the peachy colour from her splash art, please let me know if you think it looks good or not!
    I Also adjusted some of the proportions a little bit - filled out the hips, legs and bum, adjusted her lower back and messed with face shape slightly.
    As you can see, the back hasn't gotten as much attention as the front at this stage but she's slowly coming along :)