Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] - Death Sworn Syndra

Hello! I never got a chance to enter this contest the first time around, so I'm so happy it's come around again! I love the new death sworn skins that recently came out, along with the gravelord and underworld skins, and I feel like the theme fits Syndra well, along with her base design having some really interesting elements that I can play with.

No idea if I'll be able to complete this on time, especially with my severe lack of hand painting skills, but we'll see!

Been gathering plenty of idea reference so far, below's just a few images to get the overall theme. Will hopefully have a rough concept to work with over the next few days!

CURRENT UPDATE:

Replies

• EllieTulloch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately I've been sick for a while so haven't been able to work on this much! However as a small update I've got my base mesh blocked out and ready to paint over for my concepting, although I may tweak the proportions a bit, but we'll see!

• EllieTulloch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rough concept finally! Will be adjusting shapes as I go and everything's a bit vague in places but it's a start. Brief colour exploration also.

• Jarran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarran polycounter lvl 11
    I love your concepts, the blue skin is a really nice touch imo. I think its missing some asymmetry though
  • EllieTulloch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarran said:
    I love your concepts, the blue skin is a really nice touch imo. I think its missing some asymmetry though
    Thanks! I'm definitely torn between 2 and 4 with the blue skin! Asymmetry is definitely a good shout, I think I'm gunna try some stuff with her hair and her skirt once I get stuck into modelling!
  • Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    I'd love to see number 4! :) 
  • Silvarspark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silvarspark polycounter lvl 3
    Nice looking so far. I'd advise to make her headgear bigger. I seems too small right now compared to her concepts or ingame.
    And how about trying some asymetrical designs as well ?
  • EllieTulloch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia said:
    I'd love to see number 4! :) 
    I think this is probably the one I'm going to end up going for! Seems to be a favourite :D

Nice looking so far. I'd advise to make her headgear bigger. I seems too small right now compared to her concepts or ingame.
    And how about trying some asymetrical designs as well ?
    Thanks! Definitely agree with the headgear size, will be tweaking that to fit better with an in-game angle in comparison to her current models. Asymmetry is in progress, I've changed her skirt design and am playing around with her shoulders and maybe some accessories too, will be sure to get some updates in soon :blush: