Home Technical Talk

normal maps generating artifacts and bumpy noise

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, ive posted on multiple forums and they all give the same answer which doesnt fix the issue. every time i bake a model i always get bad artifacting on the normals. ive never had this issue before but now every model i bake out always has this issue.

the issue is that there are almost like stretch marks on the topology and create this harsh shine that cannot be painted over, and bumpy noise on the model where it shouldnt be. 

the model i have here is my most recent and here are the maps, i split it into two peices, one for the wheels and another for the body hoping that i wouldnt get this issue but no luck.

this bake was done with a portion of the bike so i dont do the whole thing and because i havent finished doing the high poly model yet.

i have tried playing around with the settings, average normals, frontal and rear distance, textile density but no change in the normal what so ever. even re topologising the low poly mesh does nothing. i feel curse somehow, even places that are completely flat with nothing in its way get affected, it just makes no sense to me.
on this specific model the shoothing groups to uv shell also seem to not exist once baked as texture bleeding can be seem on hard edges.

please, if anyone can help, im sick of seeing this on all my models and having to delete 2 weeks of hard work, im also thinking of dropping out of college because of this, the teachers there dont even know how to fix this. they just give the same answer, try smoothing uv shells or turn off average normals, which i have tried countless times.

Replies