Home General Discussion

For Honor!

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Stinger88 polycounter
Loving it so far! Much steeper learning curve than I expected. I thought it might be a dumbed down fighting system but its quite deep and requires some homework before jumping in and button mashing. I did find it a little frustrating to start with but once you understand it a little more its loads of fun! If you're struggling I recommend sticking with it and looking for a hero you like.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to sport the Greentooth Army emblem. I'm one custom symbol slot away from being able to add that 2nd eye. I've tried a few configurations but this is as good as I can get it. If anyone can work out a better way, please share. Teeth are done with the checker background decal rotated if you're wondering. Then simple shapes over the top. Eye scale is at smallest it can as well. I would make it smaller if I could.

You need to choose Viking Faction (The "best" faction) to get Circle emblem btw.

you can easily make a toothless Greentooth, but it aint the same ;(

Replies

• JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    CONGRATS!

Damn this game looks impressive.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    So glad you're liking it, Ricky! It was a blast to work on! :D To be honest, I was shocked by the depth of it all as well. lol I didn't realize there were proper move sets until recently. And it's extremely noticeable when people know them. They destroy you (read: me). I only touched some of the single player campaign cinematics, so my attention was not on game-play until I played the beta's. In a completely unbiased opinion, I'm loving it! The game-play team crushed it!

You can access the emblem editor on the website as well. https://game-forhonor.ubisoft.com and there is already a subreddit for your custom designs. https://www.reddit.com/r/ForHonorEmblems/  I haven't played it enough yet to really dive into the emblem stuff, but I definitely plan to! 

• JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    Nice emblem dude! :D

I tried out the most recent closed beta and the open beta, and i definitely hit the no-fun steep-learning-curve-wall pretty hard. Closed beta on PS4 and open beta on PC and i got to say far less frustrating on PC for me, but still getting killed round after round wasnt great. I hear if you do the hidden away advanced tutorials it will help out with the learning curve a bit but i didnt get a chance to try those out myself.

And awesome work slipsius, cinematics look ace :)
  • Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Really want some art break down. From what i have seen, there is some true material magic going on.
  • Asura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asura greentooth
    Really hoping there is an art dump for this game. The characters are ON POINT!! The environments are super sexy too.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Love all the samurai units
  • Prime8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    it looks awesome, good mix of fantasy and realism.
    unfortunately not the kind of game I like to play
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Awesome Game Stefan. Congrats!.Can't stop playing it.

And thanks for sharing the online emblem editor. Had a mess around with it and I've discovered you can scale things differently and get into negative scale. So I can get smaller eyes, etc. There is also a bit of inconsistency between what is done in the online editor and the in game (Probably a bug...dont tell anyone though, its working for me xD ). You can see the result here. But once in game its easy to tweak the emblem to get the correct result. Anyway. Getting real close to a good Greentooth. Just those annoying bits at the side of the mouth. But when the logo is small or on character its not very noticeable.

Break down:
    Background = 45 degree checker pattern
    S1 = semi circle to cover top half (Green)
    S2 = semi circle lower jaw (Green)
    S3 = Eye (Black)
    S4 = Eye (Black)
    S5 = Semi circle mouth inner (Black)

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ha! I love it.
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    oh man, that's awesome lol. The game is pretty fun.
  • R3D
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    This is why I waited. I saw these issues during the beta, and waited to see if they would return for the final product. A few of my friends picked it up, and 2 of them are furious with it. They did not experience the same issues that I saw, during the beta, and they were very dominant at the game. Now, they get destroyed due to buttons not registering (their claims).

Not to mention, the matchmaking is awful. It drops new players in with multi prestige players (crazy that they exist already).

This is one of the games I've been excited about, ever since I played one of the early alphas. Now, I'm not sure if I'll ever end up owning it, unless it gets addressed quickly, while it still has a community of players
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Exact reason I did not purchase. I never understood the reason for p2p in a reaction game 
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Definitely not going to defend the choice to go P2P. I'm gobsmacked that they chose that route after the R6 launch and having seen the success in R6 since fixing it. Going P2P in a reaction based game which is intended for a competitive scene just boggles the mind tbh. 

Having said that I haven't had much issue other than some server connection trouble and the odd timeout. The lag in game hasn't been game breaking like the above video. There have been times when I've just thought my timing has been completely off, but now I'm questioning if it was a server issue... If I were more competitive though these little issues would drive me insane.

Anyway, lets hope they fix it as they did with R6. It is still a very cool game regardless imo.

(Disclaimer* Not biased, if it were bad I wouldn't play nor defend it.)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I understand... and I'd say you did your part in the game, because the art/design is awesome. You guys nailed the grit/feel of the game/period. I've got to imagine it's difficult to see poor decisions, hurting a game, after putting in such a solid effort.

I honestly really want to get the game, but I don't need another game to rage at (which I started doing a lot of, during the final beta). I had points, while streaming it, where I was yelling at the game, and clicking my controller into the mic, to demonstrate how I was trying to roll out of an attack, and my player just kept taking hits. Blocking became almost pointless, because it never registered. I was really hoping there would be improvements to the final product.

I also really hate the server migration, when a player leaves. It should be seamless, instead of pausing gameplay for everyone.

And remaining silent to the community is the worst thing they can do. Right now, there is a lot of anger on their forums, and no responses from Ubisoft, or the devs. If they updated the community on what they are addressing, it may help maintain the community, before frustration drives the players to sell their game to gamestop. I think Ubisoft has something really unique, and fun, in this game, but they are letting it slip between their fingers.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Just to clarify. I didn't actually work on the game, so I didn't have any part in it. Sorry for the confusion.

Its funny. I logged in last night to play only to have lots of difficulty joining, when I did eventually get in, the game stalled and kicked everyone. Pretty annoying, so I just turned it off. I doubt i'll be playing anything other that the single player campaign or AI games till its sorted. Which is fine, because playing AI is pretty fecking difficult. Although they can be easily "cheesed", but in general they are better than a lot of players i've faced. The AI is definitely some of the best I've seen in a game for a while and not just because they have AI reflexes. They seem to adapt and often use suprise tactics (like running away in 2v2 to gank the other player).

Anyway. It does pain me seeing any games with beautiful art and such awesome potential being let down by the "simple" (it probably wasn't simple, but I'm just a artist with little knowledge of such things) choice not to go with dedicated servers. I'm sure there are good reasons but the consumer generally doesn't give a shit about that, they just want a smooth experience. Which is lacking atm.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 said:
    Just to clarify. I didn't actually work on the game, so I didn't have any part in it. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, sorry, I think I mixed Slipsius' earlier comment (about working on it), and your signature. 

I agree, during the beta, the AI was almost more difficult than most regular players. I figured I'd get warmed up, with some AI battles, and got my ass handed to me, a few times. I thought it was myself, being rusty, then my friends joined me, and said the same. I definitely appreciate that, over some ignorant AI, running into the corner of the map.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, I've seen quoted several times, apparently Jason Vandenberghe was adamant that the game MUST be p2p. Some players, in the forums, seem to think it was going to receive dedicated servers, like R6 did, when P2P did work for it. With how determined JV was, to have P2P, I wonder if they will be willing to change it.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Ya, I had zero say in it as well. As mentioned, I just animated some stuff (You can check out my portfolio to see some of the stuff i did.) But hearing the complaints about the servers, and experiencing them myself is a bit of a bummer, for sure. That said, even with the issues, I'm legit loving the game. That may come across as biased, but I've shipped 3 AAA titles during my time in the industry. I have barely touched the first 2 I shipped. So, just because I worked on it doesn't mean i'm automatically biased. Plus, I think every online only game I've played as of late has had issues at launch, so I`m not too worried. 

The AI is shockingly difficult. Playing with some friends, we had more trouble with the AI than with real people for the majority of our matches. Then you run into a player that knows the move states and you just crap your pants after being beat so F'ing fast. haha 
  • firestarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    firestarter polycounter lvl 18
    Didn't want to be a party poopah, but I didn't get this for all the same p2p reasons mentioned. I was really looking forward to it to and enjoyed for the most part, the betas.
  • PlatinumLifeOW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm loving this game so far. Love the focus of 1v1 fights.
  • SveinY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p83F7NU6mI
    So far I've really enjoyed the game, the warlord class has really cool combat tho the headbutt seems to be a bit overpowered :)
    Some classes seem a bit unbalanced like the Nabushi but that I bet will be fixed over time :D

And ofc the art is really good too!

• FullSynch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FullSynch polycounter lvl 11
    Add me add me add me let's get salty >:I

Steam: Mr.PeeberNutter
    Uplay: WillK805