Home Marmoset

Proper Workflow from Marmoset 3 Bake to UE4

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Pdude2K7 polycounter lvl 13
Hey guys,
I am doing a few bakes from Marmoset 3 and taking them in to UE4 but
not matter what I do(flipping channels, properly setting up textures and materials in UE4, proper file export), I cant get the tangent space to look right. I tried rendering object space and converting that with Handplane but it seems like Handplane doesn't really understand the object space settings that Marmoset bakes out.
I tried pretty much every conceivable settings in Handplane as well(Target tangent, swizzing channels etc).

Is there a proper way to get my bakes from Marmoset 3 to UE4 and have them look right?

P.S-From what I see comparing 3ds Max and Marmoset 3 object space bakes, the issue is with the green channel being different. Flipping it
doesnt help as its entirely different.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I believe TB3 uses Maya style object space maps, there is probably a setting for that.

Saying that, unreal uses Mikktspace as far as I know, so you should set your tangent space to XN/Mikkt. Go to the lowpoly object properties and change it to Mikkt, you'll have to do this for every lowpoly object, however, you can go to edit-> preferences and set a default tangent space which will apply to newly imported meshes.

You'll want to click flip Y as well in the bake settings. Unreal uses Max handness rather than Maya handness with is the default in TB3.